We are pleased to offer the following online seminars to you free of charge. Come join us to learn more about various topics in estate planning, probate and guardianship. You can join us online using your computers or smart phones. Please click the title of the online seminar to register.
1. Trust Planning 101 – Wednesday, November 28, 2018 from 12:00 noon to 12:30pm central time
- What is a trust?
- How does a trust work?
- Types of trust
- Pros and cons of using a trust in estate planning
- How to use a trust in an estate plan?
2. Estate Planning for You and Your Family – Thursday, December 6, 2018 from 12:00 noon to 12:30pm central time
- What is estate planning?
- Why do you need it?
- Will-based plan vs. trust-based plan
- Other aspects of an estate plan: powers of attorney, HIPAA authorization, directives to physicians, declaration of guardian
3. Guardianship – Saturday, December 8, 2018 from 10:00am – 10:30am central time
- What is a guardianship?
- What are the types of guardianship?
- Who needs a guardianship?
- Who can be a guardian?
- What are the responsibilities of a guardian?
- How does one become a guardian?
- How can a guardianship be avoided?
4. To Probate or Not to Probate? – Saturday, December 15, 2018 from 10:00am – 10:30am central time
- What is probate?
- When do we need to probate?
- How is the process like?
- How do we avoid probate?